Search Home : Computers : Software : File Management : Search |
- AGREP for VMS: A Unix "grep" program with approximate matching capabilities, ported to VMS by J.Lauret.
- AGREP, an approximate GREP: Powerful tool for fast approximate fuzzy text searching files for strings, regular expressions. User-definable records. Open Source for OS/2, DOS, Win3.x and Win95/NT.
- Advanced Data Finder: Personal search engine for finding data stored in HTML and text files and creating links collections.
- Advanced Find and Replace: Search local documents with AltaVista-like queries and replace entire paragraphs. Win32 graphical shareware.
- Agent Ransack: Freeware graphical file searching that supports regular expressions for Windows.
- AstroGrep v2.0: Free Windows GUI File Searching (grep) utility that supports regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recent used paths and has a "context" feature.
- Ava Find: Find any file on the computer including mp3 files, programs on the Start Menu, in under a second.
- CatView: Text search program designed specially for ASCII catalogs. DOS/Windows9x/NT, free. Peter van der Woude.
- Deductus: Fast search tool, search local disks, network, CDs, and ZIPs with case sensitive searching. [Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME]
- DivlocSoft: 'Actual Search & Replace' is an easy to use utility to search and replace across multiple files. For the found files, it shows lines containing highlighted searched words and phrases.
- Ecrew Developers: Perform a search of files in your local network or on a single computer. Select a number of parameters including file masks, searching strings, file attributes and size, and dates. (Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000)
- Effective File Search: Search any files on your computer or local network with this effective shareware tool for Windows XP/2000/9X/NT. Windows Explorer functionality and many useful features for small business.
- Eluent Software: A collection of utilities including Eluent Replace, an interactive, multi-file search and replace program that uses Perl regular expressions and scripting, and Eluent Find, a file contents searcher and viewer. [Win 95/98/ME/NT4/2000]
- Examine32: Text search utility, versions for Windows 95/98/NT or 3.1, supports zip archives, regular expressions. Shareware from Aquila Software.
- File Locator: Find any file on the computer including MP3s files, movies, documents, and applications. Free trial version available for download. [Windows]
- File Substring Replacement Utility: Search and/or replace multiple substrings in multiple files. Windows shareware from Gammadyne Software.
- Filehunter Software: Developer of shareware programs to search and locate files. Featured products are FindReplaceExcel, Zipsearch, and Filehunter. Product specifications, screenshots, and downloads.
- Files Search Assistant: Search quick and efficient within text documents by using different file formats. Custom search options, generate reports, print or save to file.
- Find Duplicates: A free tool to search for duplicate files in Windows.
- Find It: File and text finder features multi composite and logical text searching. Windows 9x/NT/ME shareware from Skylark Utilities.
- FindFile ActiveX Component: An ActiveX component that facilitates searching a directory or a set of subdirectories for the oldest or most recent file based on its creation or modification date.
- FindFiles: Replacement for the Windows XP search facility. Feature including multiple files renames, replace strings, and find multiple strings, preview pictures, text documents and movies with built in movie player (using windows media player).
- FindInFilesX ActiveX Component: Instantly add sophisticated text searching (Grep) to your programs. Search MSWord and/or text documents. Great demo source code provided, by SoftInterface, Inc.
- Finders Keepers: Search files by exact match, grep, approximate, and sound-alike, built in or customizable viewers, replace text with backups, index files for quick retrieval. Windows 95/98/NT trial download.
- Glimpse and WebGlimpse: Unix-based search software for gathering, indexing and searching a set of files. WebGlimpse works on Web sites. Free for most nonprofits.
- Hurricane Software Inc.: WinGREP, real time search/replace, find unlimited files across multiple directories. Extended IDE configuration, history management, enhanced file mask management. Results pane displays results in context. Provides, company information, FAQs and download area.
- JReplaceThem: Utility that allows web developers and programmers to search and replace text from multiple files. It is just like the replace tool found on most text editors, but has the ability to search through unlimited files at once. [Windows]
- KRAS Labs: StrongSearch, Windows utility for searching files on local area network (LAN). Filter by file size, and time. Export search results in HTML, XML file format.
- LAN Find: Shareware search tool for the local area network. Find any files (mp3, avi) on the computers. Multithreaded search engine. Tree for easy navigation. [Windows]
- LanSpider: Full-featured shareware network file-searching utility. Advanced search options helps to pinpoint the exact patterns of the wanted file, by Reymax Software.
- NavSearch Offline Search Engine: Scans local or network drives or CD-ROM, using Netscape / MSIE, performs full text search on files, supports boolean operators. No winsock.dll required. English and French interface. Windows 16 or 32 bit shareware.
- NetSearch: Shareware utility designed to search local area networks (LAN) for files. This program allows view all hidden shares and search in them. In additional you can select target of scanning from whole network to any folder in any computer. Screenshots, software documentation, FAQs, download.
- Nihuo Software: Cool Find is a powerful file search tool for Windows. Support Drag, Drop and Copy of files, even including those in ZIP file. With string search in files, including Unicode files and Microsoft Office files. Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.0 or better and Win 9x/NT/2000/Me.
- PowerGREP: Tool for searching groups of files, with regular expression and replace facility.
- QuickSearcher: QuickSearcher - Multi-function file search and replace utility with highlighting results. For text search (as well as preview for graphical files), ability to search within several folders (multi directory search) or within search results, setting favorite search folders and the ability to save that search results. [Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000]
- Rocket Retriever: Utility to indexes the files on the hard drive, will search for names (or partial names) while typing. Results can be sorted by date, file size, name, directory, or type.
- Search: Text file search utility will quickly and easily find those files containing pieces of text. It allows boolean combination (AND/OR/AND NOT) and can show you the lines from the file that matched.
- Search & Replace 98: SRHTML98, free graphical multiline text search and replace tool for Win32. From the Andromeda HTML Workshop.
- Search and Replace for Windows 95/98/NT 3x: Shareware utility for search and replace in multiple files, directories and zip archives. Supports egrep style regular expressions. Script language for webmasters and programmers. From Funduc Software.
- SearchWin: Searches for file names or file context in Windows using multiple search terms that can be related with And/Or/Not. Find files without using ancient DOS filename or wildcard parameters. Print search results or save search results to text or comma delimited file.
- Sgrep: Structured grep is a tool for searching and indexing text, SGML, XML and HTML files and filtering text streams using structural criteria. Win32 binary and binaries for HP-UX, Linux, OSF1 and Solaris.
- Simple Search/Replace Software: A free replacement for the Windows "containing text" option found in their search window. Search plain-ASCII text files, such as source code, HTML, RTF and batch files. However it can also search binary files such as word processor documents, databases, spreadsheets and executables.
- Softpit PC Search Light: The softpit PC search light is a handy tool for those who need to find critical information fast and precisely on their own computer. Works like an Internet search engine. Easy to use and no computer skills needed.
- Striclone: Program for searching and managing duplicate files. For speeding up of a searching the program can use images of a drives. File management options for the duplicates: remove, copy or move. Stores search results to an external file for later processing. [Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP]
- W.O.R.M. - Wisely Organized Replacing Machine: Search and replace utility for Windows. Special symbols in search and replace patterns, and permits one to specify complex text searching patterns than common search in text editors does.
- Wilbur: Indexes drives, files, CDs, and zip archives, accepts wildcards, OLE and command line integration, GPL for Win32 from RedTree Development.
- Windows Grep: Graphical text search and replace tool for Win32, shareware.
- ZipScan: Shareware archive search utility for Windows, that looks inside archive files. The program can search Zip, CAB, RAR and JAR files, including self-extracting archives.