Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Cancer
- Cancer.gov: Credible, current and comprehensive cancer information from the U.S. National Cancer Institute.
- CancerGuide: A survivor provides a comprehensive orientation to help motivated patients begin to actively engage their disease and their health care team.
- A Notebook Guide for Newly Diagnosed Cancer Patients: Information for people who have just received the diagnosis. Includes links, a message board and details about the author.
- ACOR Support: Links-based listing by the Association of Online Cancer Resources.
- ACS: Statistics: American Cancer Society presents an array of related statistics.
- About.com: Cancer: Presents general overview information on many of the main kinds of tumors. Includes news, doctor search, glossary and access to support hotlines.
- AllExperts Oncology Q&A: Comprehensive directory of cancer experts volunteering to answer both general and disease-specific questions.
- BBC News: Cancer the Facts: A guide to several types of tumors and their treatments including audio from experts, survivors' stories and news archives.
- Best Practices: Cancer Prevention and Control: National Governor's Association `resource` designed to provide a clearinghouse of standards related to tumor care.
- COX-2 Inhibitors: Cancer: Information about these treatment agents which is based on an educational grant from the Pharmacia company.
- Cancer Advice UK: Advice and information about diagnosis and treatment issues. Includes leaflets, book suggestions, links and support groups.
- Cancer Chart: Quick reference listing of the most common tumor types.
- Cancer Consultants.com: Provides information on treatment and prevention for patients and professionals.
- Cancer Dictionary & Acronyms: Terminology and abbreviations presented in a searchable format.
- Cancer Forums: Online discussions on various types of cancers. Includes topics such as coping, support, clinical trials and treatment options.
- Cancer Information Services: Information from the U.S. National Cancer Institute including access to links, press releases and publications.
- Cancer Leadership Council: A patient-centered forum of national advocacy organizations addressing public policy issues.
- Cancer Lynx: An online 'zine for patients and professionals.
- Cancer Matters: Contains information, treatment options, and resources on a range of cancers. Also includes links to general resources, and a directory of services and resources located in a number of US cities.
- Cancer Mondial: The International Agency for Research on Cancer provides access to reports and databases on occurrence and characteristics.
- Cancer Monthly: Presents information on research results.
- Cancer Network.com: Information `resource` aimed at health professionals. Requires registration.
- Cancer Nutrition Center: Explores the link between tumors and nutrition. Offers dietary advice for patients.
- Cancer Options UK: Designed to help patients and families find appropriate treatment options and services. Provides access to a nurse specialist.
- Cancer Page: Information and community resources including chat rooms, message boards, physician directory and clinical trials.
- Cancer Rates and Risks: Provides international incidence and mortality rates including information about risk factors. From the U.S. National Cancer Institute.
- Cancer Site Finder.com: Offers links to websites with assessment descriptions.
- Cancer Survivors Project: A community `resource` for long term survivors. Includes access to the ACOR email discussion group.
- Cancer-help.org: Links to articles about tumors, treatments and care.
- Cancer.com: Provides treatment information, support `group` listings, online education, decision-making resources, physician locator services and risk assessment tools.
- CancerBACUP: Information and support from this UK organization which addresses many of the types of tumors. Includes access to online booklets and other resources.
- CancerCare: Topics of interest to patients and their families including treatment side-effects, pain control, nutrition and bereavement.
- CancerDirect: Patient consultation service offering treatment advice, online second opinions and oncologist referral for individual disease.
- CancerEducation: Disseminates educational programming in a multimedia electronic clips format. Aimed at both a lay and professional audience.
- CancerExperts MD: Physcians located in Boston offer second opinions and personalized case reviews. Provides an online ask-a-doctor service.
- CancerFit: Details the activities of a program at the Sedona Racquet Club in Arizona. Designed to help survivors maintain good physical, emotional and spiritual fitness.
- CancerHelpOnline: Links to many related support sites.
- CancerLinks.org: Resources about the condition and treatment in a links format.
- CancerNausea.com: Presents information to help manage nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
- CancerNews.com: Articles and links pertaining to many related topics.
- CancerSource: Provides information about prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment and symptom management. Offers access to news, support groups and email lists.
- CancerSupport UK: An online directory of resources.
- CancerSupportChat.org: Presents access to online discussion, chat and support.
- CancerSymptoms: Discusses common symptoms related to cancer treatment. Provides email access to a nurse for questions.
- CancerTrack: Access to related news, books and links.
- Cancerlinksusa.com: Information and links for all types of tumors.
- Cellscience: A-Z Cancer Directory: Links-based listing in areas such as research, hospitals, charities, funding and education.
- Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: A detailed review of this subject in pdf format aimed at the professional level.
- Conversations in Care: Explores the challenges surrounding physician and patient communications in cancer.
- DIPEx: Cancer: Includes audio and video interviews of patient experiences.
- Don't Say That Word: Provides an online forum on cancer, information, personal stories, poetry and remembrance pages. Graphics-intensive.
- Guide to Internet Resources for Cancer: Non-profit directory of information sorted by disease type, country and treatment.
- HCA Cancer Guides: General information including treatment options.
- Health Professionals: Cancer Resources: Links to sites around the world from this Manchester, England hospital resource.
- Hematology Oncology News & Issues: Headline news and articles for cancer professionals and patients.
- Hologuides: Cancer: Information about various tumors in a links format.
- Imperial Cancer Research Fund: News and information about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of this condition. A UK charity site.
- InteliHealth: Cancer: Medical information, articles and news covering a variety of tumors and related issues.
- Ladies Home Journal: Cancer: Links to articles about skin and breast tumors.
- MCW Healthlink: Cancer: Medical College of Wisconsin Physicians and Clinics `resource` which provides news articles and information about recent developments.
- Manage CINV: Offers patients and professionals information about chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- MedicineNet: Cancer: Presents information such as prevention and treatment side-effects. Also gives resources including links, articles and support groups.
- Meds.com: Cancer Glossary: Aims to provide a better understanding of words frequently used in patient care.
- Mount Zion: Hyperthermia Treatment: Provides information about this treatment and research modality for use in cancer at the University of California at San Francisco.
- NCI Center for Cancer Research: U.S. government `resource` which provides access to information for researchers and about collaborations. Aimed at the professional level.
- Nature: Cancer Update: Service which provides access to news articles and reports about recent research activity. Registration required.
- NetCancerAlert: Provides access to articles and links which are oncology related.
- NetHealthBook: Cancer: Symptoms, diagnostic tests and treatments of the most common cancers are described.
- Nexcura: Cancer Facts: Provides current information and access to a clinical trials profiler.
- On Top of Cancer: Links-based guide to Internet resource.
- OncoLink: Extensive information including news, prevention, clinical trials, conferences and psychosocial support from the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center.
- Oncology Interactive Education Series: Commercial audio-visual educational resources for patients.
- People Living With Cancer: Patient information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Cancer: Brief summary of a technique which may be used for treatment. Includes a FAQ, message board and illustrations.
- Rare Adult & Pediatric Cancers: Provides information, support, forums, links and news.
- Romanian Cancer League: Eastern European organization with aims of education, prevention, treatment, support and advocacy.
- Shirley's Wellness Cafe: Promotes holistic and alternative approaches for cancer prevention and treatment.
- Suite 101: Articles and links about cancer treatments.
- Target Tumors: Information about targeted therapy approach in relation to a number of solid tumors.
- The "Y" Cancer Foundation: AOL discussion `group` aimed at providing information and support.
- The Cancer Letter: Periodical which supplies news and current information about the state of research and treatment.
- The Cancer Supportive Care Programs: Book excerpts covering such topics as psychosocial issues, support, nutrition, pain control and spirituality.
- The World Against Cancer: A conduit source consisting primarily of multi-lingual search engines.
- Topix.net: Cancer News: Headline news and content on related issues.
- USnews.com: Best Cancer Hospitals: Ranking by the magazine of the fifty top cancer hospitals in the United States. With criteria.
- Untangling the Web: Provides access to disability resources including those needed for cancer care support.
- WebMD Health: Cancer: Consumer health site which includes information for the newly diagnosed, as well as for those coping with chemotherapy.
- World Oncology Network: World directory of cancer specialists and hematologists.
- Yahoo Health: Chemotherapy Center: Information on chemotherapy including basic facts, what to expect, side effects and a FAQ.
- Yahoo Health: Radiation Therapy Center: Information including basic facts, what to expect and side effects.
- ZoeMed.com: Cancer Life Center: Presents an array of resources. Supported in partnership by the Ortho Biotech pharmaceutical firm.
- atCancer: Gives access to a MEDLINE-related search engine, as well as to reference links.
- eMedicine Health: What You Need to Know: Consumer health `resource` center providing general information on cancer prevention, symptoms and treatment.
- eMedicine Health: Cancer Symptoms: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on common symptoms.
This category in other languages: