Search Home : Home : Home Improvement |
- 411 Home Repair: Collection of short articles offering tips for home repair, gardens, tools, and appliances.
- Als Home Improvement Center: Resource center with tips, articles, forums, shopping guides, product reviews, and tutorials.
- Around the House: Articles on pool maintenance, water softeners, lead exposure, doors and windows, and heating safely.
- AskToolTalk.com: Home improvement experts feature articles, product reviews, links to manufacturers, and online shopping.
- Aubuchon Hardware: Illustrated step-by-step instructions on a variety of projects including electrical, plumbing, doors and windows, painting, and interior/exterior repairs.
- Be Constructive: Illustrated plans and instructions for wood construction from a simple table to building a house.
- Beaver House Addition: Homeowner's journal of large, residential building addition project spanning several years. Includes photographs, descriptions, and stories.
- Better Business Bureau: Home ImprovementTips: Provides advice on project planning, financing, and hiring a contractor.
- Better Homes and Gardens: House and Home: Comprehensive site with articles on home repairs, decorating, and planning as well as glossaries, calculators, and basic advice.
- BobVila.com: Home improvement projects, featured products, tip library, bulletin board, designer tools, and information about television programs hosted by Bob Vila.
- Bruce's House Project: A pictorial step by step story of a very large home remodeling project. What when right, what went wrong and lessons learned.
- Canadian Home Builders Association: Resource guide for construction and remodeling.
- Construction Resource: Employment listings, forums, how to articles, and calculators.
- Consumer Information Center: Housing: Collection of home maintenance articles ranging from two to thirty-six pages available for download or purchase. Most include detailed information and illustrations. From the United States Federal Consumer Information Center.
- CyberYard: Online Builder Calculator: Collection of calculator tools for estimating quantities of concrete, board footage, drywall, rise and rafter length, insulation, paint coverage, siding, flooring, and roofing.
- DIY Doctor: Collection of articles and photographs covering a range of home projects.
- DIYData.com: Collection of short articles on topics including plumbing, painting, tool usage, and other repair projects around the home.
- DIYnot.com: Forums and a large collection of tips and articles covering many aspects of home improvement. Sections include decorating, electricity, floors and stairs, home security, insulation, plumbing, roofing, safety, tools and materials, and windows and doors.
- DIYonline.com: Articles and step-by-step tutorials with photographs for a wide variety of home improvement projects, glossary, cost calculators (United States-based), and design tools.
- Diy Fix It: Collection of tips and advice covering building and repairs, plumbing, tiling, electrical, wallpapering, painting, and decorating.
- Do It Yourself Network: Home Improvement: Full range of projects explained and illustrated.
- DoItYourself.com: Tips on a wide variety of topics, including home construction, gardens and yards, and home repair.
- Freddy Fix It: Advice on projects including bricklaying, painting, plastering, and glazing. Includes tools and materials needed for each task.
- HammerZone.com: Photographs and step-by-step instructions for electrical, plumbing, kitchen, bath, windows and doors, exterior, flooring, and carpentry projects.
- Handyman Club of America: Handyman club features membership fees and benefits, along with weekly newsletter.
- Handyman USA: Information guide and `resource` for do-it-yourselfers, handyman, and homeowners featuring expert advice, support, classifieds, discussion forums, product reviews, and newsletters.
- Handymanwire: Collection of articles, tips, FAQs, and forums for a variety of home improvement projects.
- Helpwithdiy.com: Illustrated tutorials on topics including plumbing, painting, tiling, and decorating.
- Home Care: Tutorials on the maintenance and repair of home surfaces. From patching holes to replacing mortar to removing stains. Including interior and exterior walls, roofs, doors, and floors.
- Home Ideas: Resource for home projects. Research projects using past issues of Today's Homeowner magazine, request free product literature, and link to over 700 industry websites.
- Home Improvement: Do-it-yourself articles cover interior and exterior, decks and patios, and decorating.
- Home Maintenance and Repair: Advice and tips on hundreds of home maintenance and repair topics from the Michigan State University Extension Service.
- Home Modification Action Project: Free `resource` for the elderly or disabled to find out the latest in home modifications to create more accessibility in their homes.
- Home Repair: Information on do-it-yourself projects or major renovations. Offers time and money saving techniques, diagrams, and links to other home repair sites.
- Home Repair Stuff: Frequently asked questions from the alt.home.repair newsgroup, with plumbing, carpentry, and tool tips.
- Home Repairs: Home repair tips, discussion forum and contractor search utility.
- Home Tips: Home repair and improvement advice and tips including "How Your House Works", a manual by Don Vandervort, buying guides, ideas for home and shop.
- HomeDoctor.net: Short articles covering appliance repair, pest control, electrical repairs, energy savings, and heating and cooling in the home. Also includes discussion forums.
- HomeImprove.com: Collection of short articles on dozens of home improvement and repair topics.
- HomeIssues.com: Series of articles by a freelance writer on architecture, remodeling, interiors, landscaping, health and safety, buying and selling, and other issues facing homeowners.
- Homestore.com: Home Improvement: Project ideas and plans, with step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and photographs on a wide variety of topics.
- Hometime: Home Office: Short tutorial offering tips to design and build a home office, from phone lines to tax breaks.
- Household Helper: A site dedicated to helping the average person get answers to common household problems. Free email answer service for problems not covered.
- How Not to Build an Addition: All aspects of home improvement from getting a loan to finish carpentry. Humor and practical advice.
- Jackie Craven: The Fix: Article archive with answers on a variety of subjects including kitchen and bath, paint and wallpaper, home design, and pests.
- KBDN.net: Contains articles and ideas on design and remodeling from industry experts as well as information on cabinets, appliances, plumbing, and woodworking.
- Kenovations: A homeowners step by step guide on renovating a 1968 Cape Cod home.
- Mobile Home Doctor: Short articles offering tips for repair and improvement specific to mobile homes. Includes a tutorial on construction of mobile homes.
- Mobile Home Repair: Advice; hardboard siding lawsuit update.
- Mr Fix-It Inc: Advice on home repair, home improvements and many do-it-yourself projects.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry: Tips on planning, what to look for when hiring a pro.
- National Kitchen and Bath Association: Information for consumers and trade professionals. Consumers can locate design professionals, research design strategies, and request a free remodeling planning kit.
- Our Beautiful Home: Collection of stories and photos submitted by homeowners.
- Polsteins Project Center: Articles on a variety of projects and tips.
- Protecting Your Home Investments: Information about contracting home improvement projects.
- Remodel Online: Remodeling, home improvement and gardening resources.
- Renovators Place: Guides for many facets of home renovation and design; from hiring a contractor and getting financing to budgeting and selecting cabinets, floors and tile. Emphasis on kitchen and bath.
- Resource Central: Home improvement resources to remodel or build a home including home ideas and products.
- Spiral Stair Plans: Spiral staircase plans for wood, instructing you step by step on how to make your own spiral stairs.
- Start Remodeling.com: Provides free home improvement and do it yourself resources.
- The Fix Chicks: Geared toward the woman of the house. Includes articles on several home improvement topics and discussion forums.
- The Home Improvement Web: Offers categorized user submitted information articles on a variety of topics for the homeowner.
- The Natural Handyman: Home repair help, humor, and encouragement through a collection of articles and a newsletter.
- The Tile Doctor: Ceramic tile and stone information.
- This to That: Advice about how to glue things to other things. They are given with humor and good details.
- Thumb and Hammer: An average do-it-yourselfer photo reviews of past projects. Includes enlarging a closet door, exterior door replacement, and basement re-model.
- Tipking.com: Handyman Tips: Brief suggestions and advice for solving a number of common household problems.
This category in other languages: