Search Home : Science : Astronomy |
- Absolute Astronomy: Facts and statistical information about planets, moons, constellations, stars, galaxies, and Messier objects.
- An Atlas of the Universe: Contains 3D maps of the universe zooming out from the nearest stars to the scale of the galaxy and out to the surrounding superclusters and finally to the scale of the known universe.
- An Introduction to Astronomy: Learn about astronomy; goes into lots of details, and also has lots of astro-clip art.
- AstroWeb: Astronomical Internet resources by the Space Telescope Science Institute.
- Astronomical Applications Department, U.S. Naval Observatory: Computes the position, brightness, and other observable characteristics of celestial bodies, as well as the circumstances of astronomical phenomena. Includes information on calendars and related topics.
- Astronomical Optical Interferometry: The use of multiple telescopes to produce high resolution images - commonly used at most modern observatories. A literature review article.
- Astronomical Pseudo-Science: A Skeptic's Resource List: List of links for those, who want to examine theories that are on the fringe of accepted scientific thought that are related connected to astronomy. A few examples are astrology, UFO's, the "Face" on Mars, and ancient astronaut theory.
- Astronomy Campfire Chat: Forum and chat for discussing astronomy.
- Astronomy Education and Outreach: General astronomy tutorial, education links, web courses, documents at the UCSD Center for Astrophysics and Space Sciences.
- Astronomy Facts and Trivia: Fun facts and trivia relating to astronomy, space, science fiction movies. Most trivia items are submitted by users.
- Astronomy Net: Resources, searchable forums and searchable lists of organizations providing astronomy services.
- Astronomy Today: Information and articles on astronomy, space and related topics. Also features a friendly forum and a telescope buyer's FAQ page.
- Astronomy for All: Index with graphics and illustrations about stars, the Solar System, cosmology and Galileo.
- Australia Astro Site: Extensive resources for astronomy.
- Beyond Earth - Everything Not on Earth: Provides information about the beginning of universe and solar system. About the planets, quasars, the Milky Way, black holes. Life of a star. Travel in space and extra terrestrial beings.
- Eric Weisstein's World of Astronomy: A web encyclopedia. Over 500 entries, ranging from definitions to full articles.
- Infrared Astronomy: All about infrared astronomy from NASA's infrared astronomy center: Discovery of infrared, what is infrared and infrared astronomy, history, the infrared universe, gallery, activities, discoveries, missions and a lot of links to IR astronomy sites.
- Logarithmic Maps of the Universe: Show universe in terms of distance from Earth center. Includes such things as satellites, planets, stars, nebulae, and galaxies, out to cosmic microwave background radiation from the Big Bang.
- Space.com - The Greatest Myths, Hoaxes & Mysteries in Astronomy and Space Science: Article briefly discussing 21 topics.
- The Naming of Stars: Leaflet from Royal Greenwich Observatory.
This category in other languages: