Search Home : Science : Math : Algebra
- A Catalogue of Lattices: By Gabriele Nebe and Neil Sloane.
- A Web Resource in Mathematics: Tailored help for students in Algebra.
- Abstract Algebra: Lecture notes by David Wilkins, Trinity College, Dublin. Topics in Number Theory; Group Theory; Galois Theory.
- Abstract Algebra Online: Contains many of the definitions and theorems from the area of mathematics generally called abstract algebra. Intended for undergraduate students taking an abstract algebra class at the junior/senior level, as well as for students taking their first graduate algebra course.
- Abstract and Linear Algebra: A forum for students on abstract algebra and linear algebra.
- Algebra Links: From Spartanburg County School District Two.
- Algebra Universalis List of Researchers: Compiled by G. Gratzer.
- Algebraic Areas of Mathematics: Topics include number theory, groups and sets, commutative rings, algebraic geometry, and linear algebra.
- All About Circuits - Boolean Algebra: An introduction to boolean algebra from the perspective of electronic engineering.
- An Introduction to the Algebraic Specification of Abstract Data Types: Jean Baillie, Department of Computer Science, University of Hertfordshire.
- Catalogue of Algebraic Systems.: Summary of and links to online materials concerning algebraic systems: semigroups, groups, rings, algebras, groupoids, and categories.
- Center for Commutative Algebra: A site for the commutative algebra community, including news, conference and preprint announcements, and a huge list of algebraists.
- Cohomology of Modules over the Mod 2 Steenrod Algebra: Robert R. Bruner, Wayne State University. Tables in PS or GIF formats.
- Dave's Short Course on Complex Numbers: An introduction with math and a little history intended for those having a familiarity with ordinary real numbers and algebra.
- FDLIST: Information on representation theory of finite dimensional algebras. Papers, meetings, places, people, jobs, journals, software.
- Home Page of J. S. Milne: Includes preprints and course notes on Group Theory, Fields and Galois Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Number Theory,Modular Functions and Modular Forms, Elliptic Curves, Abelian Varieties, Etale Cohomology, and Class Field Theory.
- Homogeneous Transformation Matrices: Explicit n-dimensional homogeneous matrices for projection, dilation, reflection, shear, strain, rotation and other familiar transformations.
- IDA: Algebra Interactive: An HTML-based book by Arjeh M. Cohen, Hans Cuypers and Hans Sterk. It focuses on an algorithmic approach to algebraic structures. Many of these tools and examples use the computer algebra package GAP. Site has samples and errata.
- Intro to Abstract Algebra: Paul Garrett's detailed and comprehensive lecture notes in abstract algebra.
- Lecture Notes in Algebra and Number Theory: Andrew Baker, University of Glasgow.
- Macdonald Polynomial Page: Includes information about the Ribbon Rule, as well as link about symmetric functions and representation theory.
- Macdonald Polynomials and the n! Conjecture: Manuscripts and Publications.
- Math Forum: Algebra Problem of the Week: A weekly interactive project for algebra on the Internet. Challenging problems are posted and solutions appear on the Web.
- Octonions and Sedenions: Enter the world of 8 and 16 dimensional hypercomplex numbers and discover that the laws that we take as granted do not always hold.
- Robbins Algebras Are Boolean: A web text by William McCune describing the solution of this problem by a theorem-proving program, with input files and the proofs.
- Univalg Mailing List: Mailing list for use by the Universal Algebra community. Universal Algebra is a technical branch of mathematics related to algebra and model theory.
- VectorLand: An online course to get to grips with 3D vectors. Most of the material is about UK A-level difficulty.
- What is a Jordan-like Algebra?: Includes generalizations, and algebraic geometry. Notes and links by Tony Smith.
This category in other languages: