Search Home : Science : Physics : Optics : Software
- ABCD Laser Beam Propagation Software: A Macintosh-based program for propagating Gaussian laser beams through various optical elements or calculating eigenmodes of simple resonators.
- Barnard Microsystems: Develops microwave and optotelectronic device and circuit design software.
- Beamseeker: Gaussian laser beam trace spreadsheet software program using Microsoft Excel.
- Bentec Multiplexed Hyperaspheric Optical Surfaces: Provides free download optical software (aspheric/hyperaspheric), designs and manufactures aspheric polymer optics. Non-spherical wavefront transformation lenses are designed to specification.
- Breault Research Organization, Inc.: Software and consulting services for the development and analysis of optical systems.
- C2V: Software for simulation and design of integrated optics components. Offers full-vectorial (bend) mode solvers, beam propagation software, waveguide mask design software , thermo-optic and stress-induced birefringence simulations.
- Computational Optics Group (COG): Software for computational optics and computational electromagnetics. Offers MaX-1, a general Maxwell solver, MMP is a Multiple Multipole Program, GMT solves for electrodynamic fields. Includes evolutionary optimization, genetic algorithms and evolutionary strategies
- Curve fitting software: Focus is a curve fitting software for the Windows operating system that has been developed to facilitate spectroscopic modelling and data exchange
- Diffraction International: DURANGO interferometry software for data acquisition, analysis, evaluation and simulation. Support of many interferometer hardware.
- Diffractive Optics Design: This site presents a new powerful and versatile softaware for diffractive optics design.
- FTG Software Associates: Software for optical thin film coating and spectrophotometer data acquisition
- Femtosoft Technologies: Sells retrieval software for the measurement of femtosecond laser pulses using Frequency-Resolved Optical Gating (FROG).
- Focus Software, Inc.: Offers optical engineering software and product descriptions for ZEMAX, OptiCAD, ZELUM, and LensVIEW.
- FreeBPM: A free software for designing and simulating integrated optical elements using 2D beam propagation methods.
- Grating Solver Development Company: GSOLVER is a tool for analysis of gratings with arbitrary groove profile based on full vector diffraction. Antenna Solver is a rigorous antenna analysis program
- HOLOOR: Offers DOE-CAD, a software for design, masks generation and performance modeling of diffractive optical elements. The company also provides beam shapers and focusers, F-Theta lenses and lenslet arrays.
- Hesotar: Virtual Nonlinear Optics Workbook. The software enables students and scientists to perform numerical experiments in nonlinear optics. A free demo is provided.
- IME Software: Provides physics educational software: RAYTRACE, for teaching geometrical optics, GASSIM is a molecular simulation program, ELF is an electric field and equipotential plotter.
- International Intellectual Group, Inc.: PC Grate is a software for calculations of diffraction efficiency of different types of relief gratings on PCs.
- LAS-CAD GmbH: Laser cavity design and analysis code LASCAD, including FEA and DPSSL analysis.
- Lambda Research Corporation: Their products include the TracePro software for illumination analysis featuring tutorials on using a light pipe and the OSLO optical lens design software.
- Light Scattering Analysis: Software for analysis of scattering of particles by plane waves and laser beams. A demo version is available.
- Light Tec: Distributor of software for optical design, illumination, straylight, integrated optics and color measurements.
- Lighting Technologies: Provides software for photometric analysis and lighting design of non-imaging optical systems. Products are Photopia and Lumen Micro.
- MIE Software:
- MIT Photonic-Bands: Software for computing optical band structures (dispersion relations) in periodic dielectric structures and photonic crystals (free, C source).
- MODAS - Modern Optical Design and Analysis Software: Paraxial and Seidel calculations, spot diagrams, ray fans, 3D wave aberrations and energy distribution, optical layout, optimization. (MS-Win, free crippled version available).
- MS Macrosystem: Offers 3-dimensional visualization software for laser beam topography, optical interferometry, and atomic force microscopy.
- OPTIS: Optical design and analysis software. CAD software for light simulation. Products are SPEOS, SOLSTIS, OPTICALC and LIGHT.
- OXALIS-LASER: 3D coherent beam propagation and Gaussian beam propagation software along optical systems and laser cavities, including diffraction, gain saturation, thermal lensing and others physical effects. Products are SimCa and COMMOD.
- OpTaliX: Comprehensive optical design and thin film analysis software. Supports 3d surface tilts, aspheres, gratings, gradient index, spline deformation, optimization, diffraction analysis, coatings.
- Optical Data Solutions, Inc.: Offers LensVIEW, a CD-ROM database of lens design examples found in the optical design literature, mainly from patents. Includes more than 30000 individual designs.
- Optical Research Associates: Optical design and illumination software. Also pages educating about optics.
- Optical Systems Design, Inc.: Information and download of SYNOPSYS lens design program (SYNthesis of OPtical SYStems) evaluation copy.
- Optical design software: ATMOS the Amateur Telescope Maker Optical design and analisys Software is a program for designing and analizing about thirty telescope configurations . Atmos is easy to use and came at a very affordable price.
- Optics Lab: Optical raytracing software for optical design and analysis.
- Optikwerk: Design and simulation software of optics and complex laser systems. Offered packages are OPTIKWERKS and LASERWERKS.
- Optima-Research: Supplies equipment and software for scientists and engineers. Also provides training in computer-based optical design and modelling.
- Optiwave: Software for integrated and fiber optics.
- Photodigm Inc.: WAVEGUIDE, Optical slab waveguide modeling software.
- Photon Design: Software tools for integrated optics, fibre optics, diode laser, TWA and diffractive optics modelling. Products include FIMMWAVE, FIMMPROP-3D and CLADISS-2D.
- Photon Engineering: Optical engineering and optics-related software development such as FRED (optical engineering software package).
- Radiant Imaging: Software and services for illumination calculations. Comprehensive radiant source model library. Product descriptions for ProSource, ProMetric and ZELUM.
- SCIOPT Enterprises: Software for Optical, Laser, and Integrated Optical system design. Products are PARAXIA, SIGRAPH-OPTIK, OPTEC.
- Sarkomand Software: Optical simulation, particle beams, and other scientific software (Macintosh).
- ScatLab: ScatLab is a software developed to perform electromagnetic scattering simulations mainly based on classical Mie theory solution.
- Schneider Optics: GAUSSOPT-ik, Software for analysis of first order imaging properties of lenses.
- SciSoft: Programs for investigations of single particle light scattering on base of the Mie theory and light scattering in dispersive media with high concentration of particles.
- Scientific Computing International SCI: Software for optical thin film design, characterization and metrology systems. Current products include: Film Wizard, Film Spectrum and Film Ellipse.
- Semiconsoft: Thin Film Optical Metrology Software (Ellipsometry, Reflectance, Transmittance) for R&D and production. The main product is TFCompanion, a software application for thin film analysis and metrology. Includes analytical tools for interpretation of measurement data. Available for all operating systems with JVM support (Windows, Apple, Unix).
- Sinclair Optics, Inc.: OSLO optical design software. Free evaluation level OSLO LT available.
- Sky Scientific Optical Design and Astronomy: Offers optical design software for engineering professionals, students and educators. Products for astronomy and astrophotography.
- Software Spectra: Software for designing and manufacturing optical multi-layer thin film coatings. Its primary product is TFCalc.
- Stellar Software.: Beam III, IV, optical raytracer for use by students and optical engineers. Windows and Mac versions available.
- TEC++: Optical design and analysis software VOB by METEC with optimization.
- Thin Film Center, Inc.: Offers optical thin film design and analysis software and product descriptions for Essential Macleod. Training services and consulting for the coating industry.
- Universitat de Barcelona: The Optical Charactersisation Group offers software tools for the optical characterisation of thin film materials and multilayer stacks based on spectrophotometric and ellipsometric measurements.
- WaveSim: Software for simulation and analysis of laser beam propagation such as FRESNEL.
- WinLase: Software for laser resonator design and gaussian beam propagation (MS-Win, demo available).