Search Home : Science : Reference : Standards : Organizations
- CEN: The European Committee for Standardization
- CENELEC: European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization
- CIE: Commission Internationale de l'Éclairage/International Commission on Illumination
- COPANT: Comisión Panamericana de Normas Técnicas/Pan American Standards Commission - site English + Spanish - objective: to promote the development of technical standardization and related activities in its member countries.
- CORM: Council for Optical Radiation Measurements; develops requirements for standards, calibration services and collaboration programs.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission: Part of FAO and WHO food and veterinary standards activities. With information about procedure, forthcoming activities, members and participating organizations. All Codex Alimentarius standards document available for download in English, French and Spanish.
- Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems: CCSDS is an organization of Space Agencies and produces recommendations and standards mainly for ground systems and their interface to space systems. The organization's work is detailed, and includes extensive repositories of the standards produced.
- ECBS: European Committee for Banking Standards - develops technical standards for the European banking infrastructure. With information on committee members, publications (available for download), the IBAN and current projects, and links to other organizations.
- ECSS: European Coorperation on Space Standardization. European standards organization for space activities. Documents can be downloaded after free registration. With a discussion forum.
- ETSI: European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
- IDEMA: trade association for the data storage industry. Publishes standards and reference documents, most of which are available for download in PDF format.
- IEC: International Electrotechnical Commission. The IEC is the standards organization for all areas of electrotechnology.
- IEEE: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. With information on standardization activities and procedures and the advantages of participating in standardization work.
- IEEE - Standards Asia: A site of IEEE targeted to an Asian industry audience, with information on standardization, important ongoing standardization activities and how to participate in those.
- ISO: International Organization for Standardization
- ISO members worldwide: Lists national standards bodies by country.
- ITU-R: Radiocommunications Sector (former name CCIR) - standardization of wireless communication at the International Telecommunication Union.
- ITU-T: Telecommunication Standardization Sector (former name CCITT) is the telecoms standards department of the International Telecommunication Union. Its most widely known standards are those of the X. series, e.g. X.25 and X.500
- InterNational Electrical Testing Association - NETA: publishes standards and specifications. List of publications; online order form.
- International Atomic Energy Agency: The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) serves as the world's central intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical co-operation in the nuclear field, and as the international inspectorate
- Joint Steering Group on Spatial Standardization and Related Interoperability: Includes charter, membership and action item information.
- Space Frequency Coordination Group (SFCG): A forum for solving frequency management problems encountered by member space agencies. Publishes a handbook, resolutions and recommendations which are available for download as Word and PDF documents.
- WSSN - World Standards Services Network: Network of public WWW servers of standards organizations around the world.