Search Home : Society : Issues : Warfare and Conflict |
- Almanac of Policy Issues: National Security: News, background information, and links on U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
- British American Security Information Council (BASIC): Independent research organization that analyzes international security issues. Analysis and updates on all key international nuclear related events.
- Calvert-Henderson Quality of Life Indicators - National Security: Articulates the state of the United States' ability to protect its vital interests and way of life against unwanted intrusions and influences.
- Center for Defense Information (CDI): Independent military research organization. Many research topics including nuclear weapons and proliferation. Nuclear weapons database.
- Center for Security Policy: A U.S. national security think tank specializing in decision briefs and press releases on critical foreign policy and military defense matters. Site includes an extensive subject area archive dating from 1988, including abstracts.
- Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments: An independent policy research institute providing news and publications on military strategy, defense budgets and programs, weapon systems and critical technologies, personnel issues, force readiness, future warfare, and defense industries. Links to related materials.
- Correlates of War (COW) Project: Ongoing effort at the University of Michigan to study the conditions associated with the outbreak of war, as well as with the conditions surrounding militarized disputes. With history, bibliography, and links.
- Defence Systems Daily: Daily defence and aerospace news from around the world.
- European Security.net: Information about the future of European security. Offers analysis and critiques of current trends in European Union and NATO thinking.
- G2mil Military Research Portal: Military portal featuring weapons, warfare, and military news.
- Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF): Established in October 2000 to promote democratic civil-military relations, especially in the new democracies.
- Harvard University International Security Program: Addresses the most important challenges to U.S. national security and international security in the quarter century ahead and seeks to advance scholarship in security studies by contributing to significant academic debates through its own research activities and by publishing a leading journal in the field, International Security.
- Jane's Information Group: News, information and analysis from a leading source for information on defense, geopolitics, transport and police industries and issues
- Jane's International Defense Review: Publication offering authoritative and encyclopedic analysis of weapons, systems, and defence technology.
- National Security Studies Center: Israeli research center focused on national security and terrorism.
- Partnership for Democratic Governance and Security: International forum for civil military relations and democratic governance. Site provides information, tools and contacts with those working in the field of democratic governance, security and civil-military relations.
- Royal United Services Institute: Studies geopolitics, strategy, operational matters, the causes, prevention and resolution of regional conflicts, the balancing of resources and commitments, defence technology and procurement.
- The Center for Advanced Defense Studies (CADS): A non-profit multidisciplinary research institution working in the areas of information warfare and operations, decision making, international relations, and strategic intelligence. Offers reading materials, event announcements, and project information.
- UN Chronicle Online: A gateway to news, information and links about the United Nations system. Includes articles on issues such as human rights, development and international economics.
- War Is A Racket: A short book by US Marine Corp Major General Smedley Butler on how the US military made war far more for Wall Street and big corporations than anyone's freedom or democracy.
- War Powers Resolution: Original text of the 1973 War Powers Resolution.
- War and Law League: A nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization upholding the U.S. Constitution and treaties in matters of war and peace; opposing any wars initiated by presidents and undeclared by Congress.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Trade Control Regulations: U.S. Dept. of the Treasury restrictions on weapons trade.
- Weekly Defense Monitor: News on defense issues from the Center for Defense Information.
This category in other languages: