Search Home : Society : Work : Labor Movement
- A. Philip Randolph Institute: AFL-CIO-affiliated organization of black trade unionists, working to build black community support for the movement. Biographies and history, products and services, conference information, and news provided.
- AFL-CIO National Boycott List: AFL-CIO-endorsed boycotts of products and companies.
- AFSCME LaborLinks: Women's Labor History: Annotated links to diverse information on the history of women in the labor movement
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance: APALA, AFL-CIO
- BROWNson's nursing notes: Includes directories to unions and advocacy groups related to nursing.
- Canadian Association of Labour Media: CALM provides labour news and graphics service for Canadian union editors.
- Committee for a Workers' International: Building an international workers' movement for socialism in over 35 countries.
- Competitive Edge Training Services: An organization of professional trainers, mentors and successful labor leaders who have many years of experience to offer labor leaders aspiring to careers in union administration.
- Council on Economic Priorities Accrediation Agency: Founded in 1997, works to address the growing concern among consumers about labor conditions around the world.
- DavesDirtyRatBastardsHuntingClub: Email `group` advocating workers' rights.
- Devon and Cornwall Working Class History Society: Reports, discussions, photos, and other material on working class history in Devon and Cornwall, UK, including cultural, social, political, trade union and economic history.
- Duke Energy Employee Advocate: Employees fighting cash balance retirement pension plan injustice through EEOC age discrimination charges, and lobbying Congress.
- Farmworker Justice Fund, Inc.: Information on public policy and legal issues regarding migrant and seasonal farm workers, including labor law, immigration, occupational safety and health, women's issues and access to justice.
- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement: An organization designed to bring together all the Latin American men and women union members in the United States.
- Labor Project for Working Families: Organization working with unions to develop workplace policies on family issues such as childcare, eldercare, family leave and flexible work schedules.
- LaborPower: Site dedicated to defending workers' right to mutual aid and protection; to build, strengthen and disseminate the ability of employees to improve pay, hours worked and other conditions of employment.
- Maquila Solidarity Network: Activists organizing "Maquiladora" factories to improve conditions, win a living wage, and campaign against multi-national corporate abuse.
- National Jobs for All Coalition: Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages.
- National Labor Committee: Human rights advocacy `group` focusing on the promotion and defense of workers' rights and on ending labor abuses.
- NurseActive: Dedicated to trade unionism, social justice and political action in the nursing sector.
- Respect: Global Unions May 1st Mobilisation: Themes, logos, materials and calendar of activities relating to the action called by the international trade union movement.
- Retail Worker: An online community for retail workers. Providing news, information, support, and internet services to retail employees engaged in union organizing and labor activism.
- Retail-Workers Forum: An online community for retail workers. Providing news, information, and support for retail workers who are attempting to better their workplace.
- Selected Bibliography for a Public Library Labor Studies Collection: Focuses on development of collection related to labor.
- Social Action for Public Accountability: Coalition of federal employees - defending rights and promoting justice for Federal employees in support of good government for citizens and taxpayers. Not a union but speaks for labor.
- Students for Informed Career Decisions: Provides information sheets on the environmental and labor practices of corporations that recruit on college campuses - including Disney, which is embroiled in a labor controversy.
- The Cardijn Internet Site: Dedicated to the history of the International Young Christian Workers (IYCW) movement and to the thought and writings of founder Joseph Cardijn. Resources concerning the involvement of Christians in the labor movement.
- The Coalition of Immokalee Workers: A community-based worker organization. Its members are largely Hispanic, Haitian, and Mayan Indian immigrants working in low-wage jobs throughout the Southwest Florida region.
- The Two Per Cent Solution: A Workable Approach to Employee Ownership and Control: Presents a gradualist approach toward majority ownership by employees of the stock of the companies they work for.
- Union Solidarity SlideShows: Union Solidarity SlideShows and Free ScreenSavers.
- Union-Yes.cc Web Hosting: Web site hosting services for unions, nonprofit organizations and businesses. Free 'say union yes' email address available for union members.
- UnionWare: Company offering software support to the labor movement.
- War of the Classes: The Scab: Transcript of a speech American socialist and author Jack London gave on the topic of strikebreaking to the Oakland Socialist Party in 1903.
- Working Families Portal: Provides services and information about the latest union issues and links to the AFL-CIO and specific union sites.
This category in other languages: